WELCOME!

Welcome to my new blog, "The Wellness Pantry"

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Don't Like Wheat? Make Your Own Oat Flour...In A Snap!

Making your own oat flour is a breeze!  I do this to make chocolate oat flour/flax/super protein pancakes, and yes, they are delicious!  Honestly, they remind me of a brownie except NO sugar…just honey!  I’ll put the recipe up in a later post.  Today, let’s just talk about making oat flour!


I use oat flour in a lot of my recipes, and people are always asking where to get it or if there is a substitute so they don’t have to buy it. The good news is you DON’T NEED TO BUY IT! If you have oats of any kind- you can MAKE your own! Oat flour is nothing more than pulverized oats.
All you do is blend it up in a food processor or nutria-bullet! It’s so simple. If a recipe calls for 1 cup of oat flour, just blend up 1 cup of oats! Simply put the oats in the processor, press blend, and let her rip until the oats are pulverized to a flour-y consistency!
There’s no need to pay extra for pre-packaged oat flour when you can make your own that works perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment